Wisconsin announces agent appointment renewal invoices for 2022
The Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI) will process all company appointments electronically through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR). The appointment renewal invoice will include all resident/nonresident appointment renewals.
All agents will appear on the renewal list unless the agent was terminated by 11:59 p.m. CST on December 31, 2022.
DATES & CONSIDERATIONS
• Appointment billings become available, and payments may be submitted starting on January 5, 2023.
• The appointment invoice and a list of agents associated with the invoice will be available on the NIPR website at www.nipr.com on the morning of January 5, 2023, through 4:00 p.m. CDT, March 15, 2023.
• Appointment terminations can only be processed for appointments that are shown as active on the Producer Data Base (PDB) at the time the termination transaction is sent to NIPR.
• Appointments added on or after January 1, 2023, will be assigned a 2023 renewal date and will not be included on this year’s invoice.
• The deadline to submit an agent termination is 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2022. No reconciliation will be allowed on or after January 1, 2023.
• Companies who had previously qualified for OCI exemption from the electronic appointment process will need to set up an account directly with NIPR or one of their Authorized Business Partners (http://www.nipr.com/index_authorized_business_partners.htm) to submit their appointment transactions.
• If the company fails to pay the renewal invoice by the March 15, 2023, deadline, all agent appointments will be terminated. To activate those appointments, the company will need to reappoint and pay initial appointment fees again via www.nipr.com.
• NIPR transaction processing fees are nonrefundable.
• By using NIPR’s electronic appointment renewals, the NIPR invoice will be updated as paid, and the transactions to renew will be forwarded to OCI within 24 business hours.
• NIPR will display the invoices as paid once payment is received.
• The appointee must hold an “Intermediary (Agent) Individual” license class on PDB. The License Class PDB/PIN Codes are 9294/9294.